Chicago Filmmakers seeks to hire a dynamic, creative, and driven marketing professional who is enthusiastic about the mission of Chicago Filmmakers. This is a full-time salaried position. Must be able to work at Chicago Filmmakers' location in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago.
Chicago Filmmakers is a not-for-profit organization serving the independent film community through education, exhibition, and filmmaker support. CF offers classes for adults and youth; empowers local artists to create new work through production grants, equipment access, fiscal sponsorship, and other resources; and encourages the professional advancement of media artists through seminars, networking events, and other opportunities for artistic exchange. CF develops diverse audiences through its film screening programs and its two annual film festivals, Reeling: The Chicago LGBTQ+ International Film Festival and The Onion City Experimental Film + Video Festival. More about us can be found at http://chicagofilmmakers.org.
This position is responsible for managing the successful execution of a variety of marketing campaigns and marketing partnerships in support of Chicago Filmmakers' strategy, programs, and services.
* Promote public awareness of Chicago Filmmakers’ programs and services through the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan to reach prospective students, audiences, filmmakers, members, and other constituencies that Chicago Filmmakers serves.
* Build community engagement with existing and new constituencies and manage ongoing communications with stakeholders through e-newsletters, social media networks, and community meetings and events.
* Produce marketing collateral for the organization and its programs, and manage content and branding for the organization’s websites and social media platforms on an ongoing basis.
* Develop and manage marketing partnerships with new and existing corporate and business sponsors, including recruiting new sponsors, negotiating marketing deliverables, overseeing sponsorship activation, and maintaining sponsor relations.
* Cultivate new relationships with outside organizations and investigate new opportunities for strategic partnerships and collaborations.
* Manage communications with stakeholders, including members, donors, sponsors, and strategic partners, and maintain donor, member and sponsor records and databases. Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to optimize their roles in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting new donors.
* Write press releases and maintain press contacts and relationships. Liaise with outside PR firm when available.
* Develop advertising and promotional campaigns.
* Collect, track, and report on marketing data; analyze metrics and the results of marketing strategies; prepare marketing and fundraising reports for internal and external use.
* Recruit, train, and delegate tasks to interns and volunteers to cultivate support and maximize marketing impact.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Three+ years of successful marketing experience. Demonstrated record in developing and executing results-oriented marketing and communications campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred).
- Effective planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms.
- Excellent written, reviewing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong capacity for storytelling - with an understanding of how to tailor messages for different audiences.
- History of using analytics to create effective marketing strategies.
- Ability to take initiative, construct, articulate, and implement short-term and long-term strategic communications plans.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a fluid and evolving organizational environment.
- Confidence to work independently but also welcoming of collaboration.
- Ability to train and manage a marketing team, including big picture thinking and effective delegation.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience updating websites and agility in working across multiple web platforms (Squarespace experience particularly beneficial).
- Good sense of design and experience working with graphic designers as well as the ability to design graphics when necessary.
- Working knowledge of digital media advertising, including Facebook and Google ads.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms (e.g. Active Campaign).
- Experience working in the non-profit environment is desirable.
- Experience in public relations or sales or a background in film would be advantageous (but not required).
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time.
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email to: jobs @ chicagofilmmakers.org. No phone calls, please!
Chicago Filmmakers is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based on age, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any legally protected characteristics. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and business needs.