Experienced Sales Specialist for Insurance Agency in Lakeview
American Family Insurance - Plageman Agency, Inc.
Join our agency and become a rock star! We protect and restore the dreams of our community. We work hard to take care of our customers and give back too!. Our agency is growing quickly and we would like to meet highly motivated passionate talent to join our team in Lakeview, Chicago.
The Sales Specialist role markets, prospects and sells American Family Insurance products in a specialized product line. Maintains effective customer relationships, understands customer's needs and matches them with appropriate product and service offerings. Promotes brand awareness through participation in agency and community events.
- Develops knowledge of the local market dynamics for business development opportunities for personal lines products
- Proactively cross sells and or coordinates with agency team members to provide additional coverage to existing customers
- Prospects for new business through leads, telephone calls, networking events, trade shows and personal contacts
- Secures new business through individual effort and established lead methods
- Prepares quotations and applications and delivers effective quotes
- Complies with underwriting guidelines and contacts appropriate division for underwriting guidance when needed
- Conducts sales and review appointments with prospective and current customers
- Meets and exceeds sales goals
Company and Brand Promotion
- Develops, maintains and cultivates community contacts to enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities
- Participates in events designed to promote brand awareness and educate consumers
- Retains existing customers by providing industry leading customer experiences
- Ensures completion of requested account and policy updates and changes
- Coordinates the involvement of appropriate agency and when necessary to resolve customer issues
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit or negotiate insurance products. The following lines of authority are required for this position: Property; and Casualty
- Ability to work independently to plan, set priorities and organize work
- Active involvement in the local community
- Demonstrated sales and customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Experience using a wide range of digital devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance concepts and principles
- Demonstrated effective personal lines prospecting and sales experience
- General office setting
- Our community is your office too!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chicago, IL 60657 (Preferred)
- Property and Casualty License (Required)